Monday 30 March 2009

Dairy House Antiques



I met Sue this weekend from 'Vintage to Victorian'at Dairy House Antiques. It's the first time I've been there and it really was a delight to see so many lovely things. I managed to restrain myself to just this super little heart cushion and a couple of vintage roses for my hats. It was great to put a face to a blog, a lovely lady (my one reservation being that she seems to keep her husband locked in a cupboard.......my husband may join him next time if he asks"Why do we need another cushion?" again!). I also managed to get to my local antique shop where I found this cute basket, an old pencil box and a lovely vintage french tin lunchbox...oh and a really unusual old wooden kite string holder (not pictured I'm afraid). After Dairy House Antiques we went for lunch at Pythouse kitchen garden cafe in Semley which serves food and sells organic produce too. The weather was sunny and warm so we sat outside and admired the plots of veg growing around us. This weekend we're celebrating a belated Mothers Day and are going to the vintage fair in Stroud on Saturday and the Frome catherine hill fair on Sunday. Whatever you're doing have a great week.

7 comments:

  1. You did buy some pretty things!
    I might see if I can drag hubby over to Frome on Sunday - it sounds like fun.

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! It's OK Claire, I let him out again!!! I'm so glad Pythouse Garden was a success. It was lovely to meet you and see the girls and your husband. Now that Paul's tidied the cupboard there's plenty of room to store any husbands who think cushions are an unnecessary evil ...

    See you at the end of May!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you are so lucky! I am trying to plan a visit there just as soon as I can! I love your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and posting a lovely comment! yes Elouise the goth scraggy raggy is my favourite too and reminds me of my more youthful days!

    Love your finds, and if it helps I find my husbands cant understand the cushion compulsion until I pointed out that he is just as bad with electrical wires! (dont ask he works in IT enough said! lol)

    Looking forward to dropping by to see more of your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare
    Thank you so much for your kind & thoughtful comments on my blog. It was very much appreciated!
    What lovely things you have bought. I particularly like the tin and basket. I am due to go there soon as it happens.
    What a great day out! Cushions... yes I get the same kind of comment! So glad that we are able to leave comments on your lovely blog! Hope you havea fun day out in Frome tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't go as have other plans.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Clare
    You have some found some beautiful things from Sue. I have yet to make it to The Dairy House.. each time we set off in that direction we are diverted in some way! One day soon I hope!
    I do hope you have a good day out in Frome.. Catherine's Hill is a veritable treasure trove of vintage loveliness... a favourite haunt of mine.

    Michele
    P.s Look forward to meeting you at the fair

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Claire, thanks for dropping by my blog. Love your heart cushion, very pretty. I bought some vintage flowers at a vide grenier at the weekend probably 1930's from a corsage or a hat, I would think.

    Take care.
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete