Sunday 15 March 2009

Vintage Home and the Stroud Rag Market




Yesterday I ventured out to the Stroud Rag Market in search of trimmings. Its the first time I've visited Stroud and I'm sure it won't be the last as it was a lovely place. The Rag Market was very busy and it was almost impossible to get to the goodies laid out (especially with a grumpy seven year old, pushchair and a husband who wanted to get to the farmers market down the road) but I did manage to find a couple of interesting braids so I guess it was worthwhile. I also popped in to the vintage shop on the high street where I was very tempted by a deco bag..I resisted this time! The owner was lovely and has suggested I pop to the vintage fair held there. My lovely hatbox arrived in the post from Clare at 'Vintage Home'...I've included a pic as it was so beautifully packaged in pink tissue, bows and a sachet of lavender, how lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Well...how nice of you to mention our little vintage shop (Stroud Vintage on High). The fair is on this Saturday, April 4th, and will be well worth the visit (with or without the pushchair...) Remember - Green is the new Black!

    ReplyDelete