Thursday 27 May 2010

A Day In Devon
























































Last weekend we all went to Donna Flower's open day in Devon and my goodness what a day it was! We followed directions down a very narrow and winding lane until we saw the familiar banner announcing we had arrived. The girls were really excited because Donna cleverly had the trampoline up in the garden so I left the two children ( and one husband!) playing while I investigated the treasures within including the place where Donna's new shop will be. It was so lovely to finally get there and Donna's mum met me at the door and gave me the grand tour (what a lovely and glamorous mum you have Donna!). Room after room of fabulous fabrics, clothes, trims, toys......needless to say I was there for about two hours (with a break to enjoy a cup of tea, thanks Woo!) pondering and pawing everything. While I was there Donna got a parcel full of ribbons from America...it was like Christmas day as she opened the box...two grown women 'ooohing' and 'arrhhing' over ribbons is a very sorry sight to behold I can tell you! After a few purchases ( believe me I could have remortgaged the house!) Donna suggested we take the girls to Clovelly which was a great idea. There are no cars in this little village on the sea just an incredibly steep cobbled path running from the top to the harbour. It was so steep we couldn't even take the buggy so Martha toddled precariously as did Mummy (silly shoes alert!). We chickened out of climbing back up and hopped on the landrover to the halfway point where there are donkeys for the children, a pottery studio and a wonderful textile designer whose work reminded me of the chrysede fabrics produced in Cornwall. On our way home the next day we stopped in Wells for lunch where we saw this wonderful car...I wish we could have driven home in that beauty! Thank you to Donna, her mum and Woo for a lovely day, now when's the next one!?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a lovely day Clare. Isn't it just so lovely over there. And you got to meet Woo and Aileen, too.

    I was so looking forward to going but it wasn't to be.

    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Clare. What a pleasant weekend away. Clovelly looks so pretty (I've never been) and Donna's Open Day, so tempting. Bye for now, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you came Clare. It was lovely to see you, your beautiful girls and your wonderful husband. Clovelly looked beautiful and I'm so pleased that you had fab weather to enjoy it in.

    Let me get my breath back and I'll start planning the next one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those pictures are awesome. It's like a crafting heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the old white stilletoes on cobbles issue...I know it so well x;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics Clare. See you very soon at the VT&H

    ReplyDelete